This week, something incredible is happening within the startup ecosystem in Latam. On March 16th and 17th StartCo takes place in Bogota, Colombia, and we are proud to announce that Pygma is one of the event's sponsors.
StartCo is the largest auction for startups in Latam. More than 350 startups from the region will come together, expecting to generate more than US$12 million in potential business. Last year, in Medellin, StartCo sold more than US$1,5 million in auctions, US$6 million in investments, and US$700.000 in financial approval.
Why are we doing it?
We felt compelled to sponsor the event because it resonates with our commitment to strengthening the startup community in Latin America through real-life spaces like this.
In our efforts to support the community, we will also count on the presence of some of our previous PY alumni, such as Pardux, Beecuick, Phero & Gliber. We will also count on more than 30 founders from our PY1, PY2 & PY3, among them we have 3lupz, HeroKitchens, Toperty, Finio, Clapp, Clipp, among other startups.
We want to create powerful connections with valuable actors from the startup ecosystem: VCs, investors, angels, accelerators, and founders.
Where are we?
You can find us at the eleventh hall at Corferias, between Andi del Futuro and BBVA stands.
What are we going to do?
We have different activities during the event and some side events happening. You can pass by our stand and meet Pygma's CEO Andres Cano, and our CIO Daniel Ospina. You will meet other Pygma members as well.
Visit us at our stand and win awesome prizes!
If you enjoy playing games, you can come to our stand and spin the wheel and have the opportunity to win several perks and prices from our dearest partners, such as Mono, Phylo Legal, Deel, Cincel, Torre, lineup, Kapital House, and AWS.
You will also have the chance to obtain a 20% off on our Startup Fundraising Toolkit and our Startup Validation Toolkit.
Finally, you could have a priority application link to our PY4 acceleration program. Sounds good, uh?
What else is coming this week?
We will have a series of events near the city's financial center to keep creating powerful connections between the startup ecosystem and the VCs.
- March 14th - Wondertech community event. It starts at 5:00 PM at our offices in Kapital House (Cl. 70 #8-19), a pleasant space to interact with active actors in the ecosystem, learn about the different ways to finance your startups, and meet other founders and VCs. Register here: Wondertech: Encuentra la mejor forma de financiar tu Startup · Luma
- March 14th - Poker night with the Pygmalions in a spectacular place taken from a Kubrick movie or the Twin Peaks series called The Red Room at 7:00 PM (Cl. 70a #11-64). Register here: Poker Night with the Pygmalions · Luma
- March 15th - at our offices in Kapital House at 8:30 AM. Come to the most spectacular coworking space in Latin America and have a cup of coffee, tea, or a cold drink at Mercari with us. If you say you are from Pygma, you will get a 20% OFF at Mercari. Register here: Cafecito with the Pygmalions · Luma
- March 16th - 17th - Join us at our stand in StartCo and spin the wheel.
- March 18th - The last one is a brunch party on Saturday, after StartCo, at Monarca rooftop at 2:00 PM, so you can come, chat and make deep connections with other founders and actors in the ecosystem. The address is Cra. 13 #82-52. Register here: Day Party with the Pygmalions · Luma
Through its four editions, StartCo has reached over 20,000 visitors, impacted 740 startups, funded US$4.4 million through auctions, received US$6.2 million in investments, and attracted 500 investors.
This week, we will also be happy to tell you more about our acceleration program for pre-seed tech startups. Join us and experience the Pygmalion effect.
That is it for now. We hope you are as excited as we are and that we can meet IRL.